Saturday, July 7, 2012

ただいま!

I'm back from my short hiatus, and I am more or less recovered. I hope you all don't mind that 90% of this post is "Ex Post Facto".
By the way, this post will hammer your bandwidth.

The first order of business, Happy Tanabata everyone!

For those of you who don't know what Tanabata is, it's the Star Festival. It's about the stars Altair and Vega (Known as Hikoboshi and Orihime in Japanese), and they are two lovers that can only meet one day of the year (7/7).

Or something like that, I grew up around the Chinese version, so my mind is a little scrambled about all of that.

You write a wish on paper and hang it on a bamboo tree. It's seen in a lot of anime, I don't have any screencaps handy though :/

Second, now that I am back, I can resume TL'ing Sora no Otoshimo PICO.

Third; The weather in Japan sucks right now. Don't visit Asia in the summer.
Aside from that, the people there are really nice and helpful, the streets are very clean, and unlike America, it doesn't take a million hours to get out of the airport.

Saw this in the electronics district in Osaka, too bad I was there 2 days before the release, otherwise I would have gotten Robotics;Notes (a relapse prevented me from leaving to get it two days later)




Oh, also, at the time of my first post, 化物語(上)was the only Japanese book I owned. After this trip, that is not quite the case anymore.

The Zaregoto Series (Bought book 4 twice)



 

Various NisiOisiN (Actually, just Medaka Box and the Monogatari series)






TYPE-MOON








The PIXIV 2011 annual, and Golgo 13









This book was quite interesting:

 
I don't know how well you can see with the resolution (phone camera) but the book is bilingual.

And the most important thing:


Hehe, I guess I'm still not that good at writing, this post turned out to be mostly pictures.
give me some time, I believe in Laconic phrases, and it will take a while to change that.

I did have pneumonia, and I'm told it got quite bad after the first relapse (WBC count at 20k), I'm a lot better now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment