Monday, May 21, 2012

What exactly are my qualifications for Japanese?

Some people have raised the point, "What qualifies you to teach Japanese?"
To get to the point, none.

If you want something concrete like a JLPT certificate,
I don't have one.

I speak Chinese, English, and some Japanese
I can write English and some Japanese.
I use to be able to write in Chinese, but that skill is no more.

I've taken about 2 years of Japanese classes.
Keep in mind, that this is a school class. I have it for five out of seven days of a week, and for about 182 days a year.
I also do quite a bit of self study in the summer.

Mild Xenoglossy also is helpful, but that may have just been the Chinese

So, for those doubtful individuals (you know who you are), you do have that right to question where I derive my legitimacy.
I have no concrete proof, that I have a grasp of the language, you can only take my word for it.

I'll take the JLPT, and if I pass, then you can rest easy, knowing that I am someone you can learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment